On Saturday May 1st over 700 people from all over Rhode Island will gather at Rhodes on the Pawtuxet to discuss the Reading Across Rhode Island 2010 selection, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and to hear Annie Barrows, one of the co-authors speak.
This is RARI’s 8th year and the participation and excitement about this program seems to grow each time. In order to make next year’s program as successful and community-wide as possible, we need your help.
Now is the time to suggest a title for consideration as the 2011 Reading Across Rhode Island selection. The guidelines for selection are not extensive.
The Reading Across Rhode Island selection should be:
- A good story, with a universal theme
- Appealing to both women and men
- Appropriate for a range of readers, from age 14 to senior citizens
- Accessible in both language and content, and available in different formats (paperback, audiobook, etc.)
- Author: alive and affordable
Over time, the titles selected should reflect diversity in content, culture and genre.
Suggesting a title for 2011 is easy. Just send an email, with the title and author (and publisher and year of publication, if you know them) to email@example.com. Thanks for your help.